Clients seek out the advice of Dan Byrd for practical, creative solutions to complex problems, as well as his ability to make highly technical concepts understandable to executives, employees and other lawyers.
Mr. Byrd’s practice concentrates in personal injury and commercial litigation. He also has extensive experience in contracts, regulatory compliance, insurance, oil and gas, intellectual property, data privacy, corporate law and workers’ compensation.
Dan has worked for Halliburton Energy Services, Inc. and ENSERCH Corporation in Oklahoma and Texas where he was responsible for personal injury litigation, commercial litigation and transactional matters related to the oil and gas industry varying in size from medium to highly complex.
Mr. Byrd has also worked with the Oklahoma Insurance Department, American Fidelity Assurance Company and large law firms in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and Plano, Texas where he honed his skills in contracts, regulatory compliance, insurance, data privacy, corporate law and workers’ compensation.
Mr. Byrd's depth of knowledge comes from years of representing clients in state and federal courts for personal injury and commercial litigation matters in the states of Oklahoma and Texas.
The following is a list of actions that Mr Byrd practiced before his arrival at Keith & Associates.
- Drafted, reviewed and negotiated software license, administration, broker, reinsurance, telecommunication, oil and gas, confidentiality, purchase and sale and various other business related agreements.
- Developed and maintained corporate policies and procedures and supported compliance with such in the areas of data privacy, records management, legal hold, FTC Red Flags Rule, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, anti-money laundering and intellectual property.
- Provided legal support and guidance in drafting and revising group health plan documents, employment agreements and cease and desist letters.
- Reviewed state and federal proposed legislation and newly enacted rules, regulations and requirements to ensure clients were in compliance and prepared to adopt best business practices.
- Prepared comment letters to State and Federal Agencies on proposed rules, regulations and requirements.
- Investigated and responded to numerous State and Federal Agencies’ inquiries in regards to customer complaints against clients.
- Investigated and directed responses to numerous breaches of security incidents.
U.S. District Courts for the Western and Northern Districts of Oklahoma
U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
J.D., Oklahoma City University, 1987
B.B.A. (Finance), with honors, University of Oklahoma, 1981
Professional Organizations and Memberships
Oklahoma Bar Association
Texas Bar Association